Once a painting is complete, there are still quite a few steps to take to create a high quality giclee print. Here is the process that I use to create prints:
- Scan the painting to get a high resolution, quality image.
- Retouch the scan to remove any dust or hair that was captured during the scan.
- Make any adjustments to color needed so the scanned image matches the painting as closely as possible
- Print a proof and compare to the painting. Adjust and re-print until happy with image.
- Upload image and order a proof from my printer.
- Compare proof to painting again and make any adjustments, if needed.
- Order another proof, if necessary.
- Or, set up the image for different sized prints and it is ready to go!