Once a painting is complete, creating high quality, fine art, horse painting prints involves many steps. All prints from Dappled Pony Designs are professionally printed, so there is an intensive proofing process to insure that the final print matches the original painting as closely as possible.
Here is the process that I use to create my horse painting prints:
- Scan the colorful painting with settings that provide a high resolution, quality image.
- Retouch the scan to remove any dust or hair that was captured during the scan.
- Make any adjustments to color needed so that the scanned image matches the painting as closely as possible
- Print a proof and compare to the painting. Adjust and re-print until happy with image.
- Upload the image and order a proof from my printer.
- Compare proof to painting again and make any adjustments, if needed.
- Order another proof, if necessary.
- Or, set up the image for different sized prints and it is ready to go!